Friday, June 26, 2009

A Hundred Times As Much

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for My sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Matthew 19:29

Recently someone asked how we could be away from family (ours are in other states) and how we could be apart (Jack is in Alaska/I'm in Atlanta) and I shared this verse with them. We have already experienced God's provision for us the past 5 1/2 years since we left our careers. We have not gone without the necessities and have rarely even gone without our wants.

Perfect example: God laid it on the hearts of the deacons at Moose Creek Baptist Church in North Pole, AK, to fly me up to Alaska to spend a week with Jack. He has been overseeing the construction of their child development center and will be gone another month. God provided someone to take care of our two cats while I'm gone. He has provided someone to take me to the MARTA train which will take me right in the airport. God has provided people that will cover my responsibilities.

As if eternal life weren't enough.