Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Everything You Need

God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Not long after I set an appointment with a mechanic because the "Check Engine" light came on in the jeep as I left church Sunday night, I received a phone call. The voice of an older man informed me that my name had been drawn last week at the annual convention of a charity that we have supported for years. I had won 2nd prize in the drawing. The amount was $1908.00! I shared with him about the pending auto repair and how we were volunteer missionaries living off contributions and that this was clearly God's provision! We talked about how God provides in some interesting ways. To God be the Glory!

I called Jack, who is in Alaska working on the child development center of Moose Creek Baptist Church, and told him about the call. He had been worried about the repair costs. He decided God could handle it.

Now, won't it be interesting if the auto repair bill is $1908?