Monday, October 19, 2009

Ask

If any one of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God. James 1:5a

Sometimes we ask God to tell us what to do and then we wait. I’ve been doing that for several months about a specific issue.

As volunteer missionaries, we work on the projects at hand and beg God to tell us what to do next. When we’re faced with a decision, we ask Him to be very clear so we won’t miss His direction. We’re afraid we’ll miss Him if He uses a still, small voice. We ask Him to use a billboard or send us an email!

There is an issue that God keeps bringing to my attention – human trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of children. He has allowed my path to cross with several groups working in the field.

I asked God if He wants me to get involved in such a ministry.

He has allowed me to help churches get involved. With His help, I wrote a grant to fund the mental health component of Living Water for Girls, a home for girls ages 12-17 who have been rented, sold and traded right here in Atlanta.

I have gotten phone calls from people I don’t know asking how they can help minister to these girls.

I have asked God if this is what He wants me to do. I have waited and asked and waited and asked.

In the last two days, I have gotten two emails from state and national organizations asking about this type of ministry. Somehow they had gotten my name.

E-mails? Did I miss something?